Software Engineering for Multicore Systems Group
With the emergence of multicore chips, parallel programming will enter the mainstream. Since clock frequencies are no longer increasing regularly, performance-critical applications of all sorts will need to run in parallel. The group aims to advance the state-of-the-art in multicore software engineering. We develop software engineering concepts, methods, and tools for developing reliable, parallel software of all kinds.
The excellence initiative of the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, and the elite program for post-docs of the Landesstiftung Baden-Württemberg support Dr. Pankratius with funds for a multicore investigator group, which is joined to the group of Prof. Tichy.
In particular, we focus on:
- Architectures/design patterns/frameworks/libraries for general-purpose parallel programs
- Programming models and language extensions for multicore
- Testing and debugging of parallel programs
- Reengineering sequential programs for parallelism
- Tools and development environments for multicore software